1. ► A cbValueChange callback can be directly registered from vlog_startup_routines called
2. ► Depth-first walk is more useful than a breadth-first walk.
3. ► Verilog compiler can detect argument mismatch between Verilog and ‘C’ land when a routine is called as a function.
4. ► In s_cb_data, the obj field is used to point to the handle on which the callback is registered.
5. ► Even Driven Simulation cannot simulate combinational circuits.
6. ► There is significant overhead of moving data between simulation and C domains.
7. ► A checker will typically register itself at cbNextSim time.
8. ► CompileTf routines can make use of all the VPI routines.
9. ► Callbacks are functions which called by the simulation kernel at appropriate points during
10. ► Verilog compiler can detect output mistmatch between Verilog and ‘C’ land when routine is
exported as a function.
11. ► A cbValueChangeCallback is a one-time callback and must be re-registered.
12. ► Calling vpi_control(vpiStop) will terminate the simulation.
13. ► VPI programs written on one simulator cannot be ported directly to another simulator.
14. ► Callbacks can only be implemented using function pointers in any language.
15. ► In C++ callbacks are implemented using object pointers.