1. ► Depth-first walk is only defined for a Tree.
2. ► Verilog Procedural Interface and Programming Language Interface are two entirely distinct
Foreign Language Interfaces.
3. ► In s_cb_data, the cb_rtn field is used to provide the function pointer which will be called when the callback event happens.
4. ► Iterators obtained using vpi_iterate can be rewinded using VPI routines.
5. ► vpiSysTfCall returns the handle to the task or function call which occurred in Verilog and in
turn called this C/C++ routine.
6. ► CompileTf routines can make use of all the VPI routines.
7. ► Foreign Language Interfaces only exist for Hardware Description Languages such as Verilog.
8. ► SystemVerilog’s Direct Programming Interface is identical to Verilog Procedural Interface,
just that it is more efficient.
9. ► A cbValueChange callback can be directly registered from vlog_startup_routines called
10. ► Calling vpi_control(vpiStop) will terminate the simulation.
11. ► The time used in Event Driven Simulation may not be same as the clock used in the design.
12. ► cbReadWriteSync callbacks are called before cbReadOnlySynch callbacks.
13. ► vpiBinStrVal is the slowest of the format for retrieving values from simulation kernel using
14. ► It is a good practice to have checkers which directly connect to RTL signals in various RTL
15. ► Stimulus for simulation must always be in the form of binary data i.e. 0’s and 1’s.