1. ► Binary encoding of instruction need not be unique.
2. ► An instruction need not be unique.
3. ► An instruction refers to a basic operation.
4. ► During instruction fetch, instruction is usually put on the address bus.
5. ► As long as ISA is same for two processors, program from one of the them to other is portable.
6. ► An instruction can be executed without decoding.
7. ► Behaviour of programmable systems cannot be changed.
8. ► A jump leads to direct modification of program counter.
9. ► Decoding refers to figuring out what to do with the instruction.
10. ► A microcontroller can work without register file.
11. ► CPU can understand assembly code.
12. ► Printer is a non-programmable system.
13. ► Decoder reads instruction from IR.
14. ► ROM can be modified at run-time.
15. ► Instead of having both ROM and RAM, it would suffice to have just one memory.
16. ► ALU is part of datapath.
17. ► Hardware programmability is not at all possible.
18. ► Presence of ROM and RAM provides possibility of parallel access.
19. ► ISA has the details of cycle level information of the processor.
20. ► Micro-architecture has the complete details of the processor.